Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Is It Nap Time Yet?

It's 3:54 a.m. (yes, that's A.M.!!!) and I'm sitting here at the computer. Since I've now been up for almost two hours, my brain has started to wake up enough for me to function. Funny, though, the creature tormenting me in the middle of the night isn't you-know-who. No, Bear is fast asleep in his bed, and I'm desperately hoping he's going to stay there.

This time, for the second time in as many nights, it's young Stitch who's wide awake and up in the middle of the night. Right now he's sitting beside me at the dining room table, eating cookies and watching a movie. Eating cookies in the middle of the night? Damn right. It keeps him quiet, which means he won't wake up his brother or his father. I dare you to live my life and see what you won't do for a little peace and quiet in the middle of the night. And anyway, they're Arrowroot cookies, so it's not that bad. And he's launched half of them at the dog, who is in cookie heaven.

I honestly thought we were over this middle-of-the-night thing. Stitch has never had the same problems sleeping that Bear did, and Bear's problems are under control now that we've found the right meds for him. I was really hoping that we were on our way to actually getting full-night sleeps on a regular basis, but I guess not.

So what gives with the little one? No idea, but I sure hope this is just a two-night faze he's going through. I just don't think I have the energy to do this again.

Is it nap time yet?

4 comments:

  1. Hugs and strong coffee. I so understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do. We're in the trenches together.

      Delete
  2. Does he still take naps during the day?
    We had to cut out my son's nap for this exact reason. Sure it blows. I miss being able to pee alone but I also love sleeping all through the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still does, and I'm really hoping we don't have to cut it out just yet. I think first I'll limit how long a nap he gets. If I eliminate his nap, I eliminate mine, too! Fingers crossed!

      Delete