Sunday, April 8, 2012

Can't Say I Didn't Try

Easter, like just about everything else in the ODD house, is complicated. Because of Bear's food sensitivities, I don't have the luxury of running out to the store to buy a whole load of candy for the Easter Bunny to hide. That said, it's really important to me that Bear gets to do regular stuff like hunting for Easter eggs. There's enough in the poor little guy's world to make him feel different without being left out of the usual childhood traditions. The problem is figuring out what the Bunny should bring.

Now, being the incredibly enterprising mom that I am (tongue in cheek, people, tongue in cheek), I was determined that there be chocolate for my guys to look for on Easter morning. My preference would have been to buy stuff (because it's just that much easier), but search as I did on the Internet, I never found any Easter chocolate Bear could eat. So what did Mommy do? Mommy drove an hour to the nearest big town to get some "Bear-friendly" chocolate bars (rice milk chocolate bars are surprisingly yummy) that could be melted down and turned into Easter treats. Then Mommy descended on her beloved sister's house for an evening of chocolate making. Between me, my sister, and my niece, we had that chocolate melted and molded before you could say "pass the wine." We made chocolate-bunny lollipops and bite-sized bunnies and eggs that were abso-freaking-lutely adorable.


Cute, huh????

All week I eagerly anticipated the look on Bear's face when he tasted his first chocolate, and it was definitely worth waiting for. He popped a bunny in his mouth and closed his eyes in six-year-old ecstasy...then he opened his eyes again, signalled "one minute" with a finger, and ran into the kitchen where he spit his chocolate out in the garbage.

So much for that.

Stitch, on the other hand, pitched a fit when I wouldn't let him eat any more chocolate.

Mommy may have a new favourite son.



9 comments:

  1. At least someone appreciated all the hard work! ;) Happy Easter... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Johane. Happy Easter to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A++ for effort (and judging by that photo - for outcome as well).

    Those are very, very lucky boys to have such a wonderfully dedicated Mom (and Dad too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ben! Bear had a great time hunting for all the chocolate, so that's what counts. For the record, the chocolate is pretty good! lol

      Delete
  4. OMG seriously??? I am so impressed with your effort and ingenuity though question whether the wine came before the chocolate or after as you claim....remember I know your sister! Still, how bad could it have been, did you taste test?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did taste test! Even M. taste tested. And it's good! It might not be chocolate-lover good, but it's at least six-year-old good.

      Delete
  5. You are an awesome mom. Really.
    And you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know as well as I do what the alternative to laughing is...so I'd rather laugh! I look way cuter when I laugh than when I cry. ;-)

      Delete
  6. When he break up with me my heart was filled with pains,sorrow..couldn't just bear it any more because i was madly in love with my boyfriend. Every day and night i thought of him and always wish he would come back to me, i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and came across a testimony that suggested "Dr osofo that he can help get ex back fast a nd also stop a divorce. I felt I should give him a try...I contacted him and he told me what he need to work on my situation and i gave them to him then he did a love spell for me... 48 hours after, my boyfriend called me and came back to me and apologized for leaving me..(cos he hurt me) and promised never to do that again. Since that day, he has really be so nice to me.. he just love me more...am so happy..All thanks to dr osofo. If you have any problem and your want to get your ex back contact him, I was also told he have herbal medicine that cure all kinds of diseases/sickness, contact dr osofo now through his email......( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete