Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm Not a Bad Mother

On Friday night I gave a speech at my church called "I'm Not a Bad Mother -- Moving past the blame and shame of children's mental illness."

It was a cold, blustery night. Freezing rain had fallen in the morning, and then snow in afternoon and into the evening. The event had been advertised in local papers and on the radio, but I still had visions of an empty church. Instead, we had almost 100 people turn up to hear me speak.

Here's what I had to say.


5 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant... I couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it ate my comment...
    This is so informative. I learnd so so SO much from this. I'm so going to forward this to my sister in law and brother in law. I'm not sure if I told you but my nephew is still waiting for a diagnosis. They think that is aspergers. At first it was oppositional defiant disorder then ADHD then both then this...sigh it's so hard for them.
    So thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find this on here! Thank you for putting together this wonderfully empowering talk. The Lord will work wonders through you sharing your life story! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just listened to this entire thing driving home from dropoff. You are not a bad mother. You are an excellent, brave, smart, inspiring, probably exhausted, kindred mother. Well done!

    ReplyDelete